blog 4

For the technology standard used for 5th grade it includes basic websites such as Wordle, Youtube and Google slides. It includes explaining texts and using engaging educational sites. With my current skill set I feel I could implement this standard. It's limited to pulling up websites and navigating them, as well as creating basic documents such as PowerPoints. These are basic skills I feel I mastered in middle school and I would feel very comfortable implementing them in a classroom.

The resource of lesson planning found on the website can be extremely helpful in my teaching. It can be used to ensure the alignment of curriculum, which is extremely helpful for students, especially in standardized testing. It gives ideas for activities that can cut time for lesson planning and is engaging for students. It also gives a better idea of what teachers should cover and how they can do it efficiently.

Being proficient in internet searching allows teachers to access a variety of resources to expand their teaching methods. Learning to search the internet with snippets and not typing complete sentences is very helpful. It allows for better and more relevant search results. I haven't heard of any internet searching skill not introduced this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entry 3

blog 8